Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Fever Remedies

Antidotes for Spring Fever

Ladies and Gentlemen…Spring is officially here, and while I’ve been keeping my eye on the Charlie Sheen fiasco, not to mention the tragedy the world is going through with Japan I think it’s time for some happier thoughts. I’ve found the top five ways to keep your mind off your oncoming spring fever and draw your attention to the following:

5. While social media sites are the newest craze, I’ve found some throw back entertainment embedded within their virtual walls. For the past three decades, the world has been chasing two elusive characters that always seem impossible to find. Carmen San Diego and Waldo! Yes that’s right I went old school. Why not try your hand at The Learning Company’s Facebook version of Carmen San Diego? Or if you’d like something with less of a learning curve, Classic Media has released three variations on the Where’s Waldo series. Now available for iPhone, PC and Nintendo Wii console you can chase the elusive man in red stripes across scenes you may remember from yesteryear. Don’t forget to look for Wanda, Woof and Odlaw too!

4. Rolling Stones Magazine released the 20 Most Annoying Songs as voted on by the readers. Despite my disagreement with more than half the list, take a nostalgia trip into the 90’s and head over to iTunes and download a few. Personally where they have listed songs such as Aqua’s “Barbie Girl”, Chumbawumba’s “Tub Thumping” and Lou Bega’s “Mambo No.5”, I can’t help but wonder exactly where is Madonna’s “Music” or Hanson’s “MmmBopp”? I guess Bieber has not yet made the top annoying list yet…

3. Got Royal Wedding Fever? BBCAmerica.com has been keeping a blog so mere mortals like you and I can follow along with the insanity and constant additions to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s royal wedding extravaganza. In fact, the latest news is BBC is launching “Weakest Link: Royal Wedding Edition” as a new app for iPhone which will hit the iTunes store on March 22. The game features 10,000 trivia questions and over 1,000 devoted just to William and Kate’s nuptials. Stay up to date at http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/category/royal-wedding/ and even watch Michael Flatley send his well wishes to the couple.

2. Find a good book, well… I have found some great spring reading. Check out Kyla Duffy and Lowrey Mumford's series "Lost Souls: Found, Inspiring stories... “I have read the Pug, Dachshund and Cat volumes and after crying my eyes out about some of these animals I finished the books with a smile on my face. Published by Happy Tails Books, these are not to be missed. Not to mention money made off the sales of these books goes to helping out our furry and feathered friends. Check it out at http://www.happytailsbooks.com because every animal deserves a happily ever after, even if it’s a short period of time. The authors are wonderful ladies and have poured their hearts into collecting these touching and tearful stories. A good read for anyone who loves or ever loved an animal!

1. Of course, to top my list off, I couldn't neglect the sports fans! Catch baseball fever! Opening day for the regular season is March 31st and the stars will be out that night! Hometown Yankee’s will host the Detroit Tigers at 1:05pm. On the West Coast, watch as the Los Angeles Dodgers host World Series Champion’s the San Francisco Giants starting at 8:00pm. Both games are not to be missed. Then of course, by that time, we’ll be keeping our eye on the NHL, as the New York Rangers are on a four game winning streak, maybe we’ll see some play-off time this year and at least get to take a peek at the Stanley Cup, hey if I bleed “Ranger Blue” I can dream can’t I?

***P.S*** If you noticed, I mentioned once again the same books as my last post, they were amazing! So instead of criticism, pick one up!

1 comment:

  1. I happen to like Madonna's "Music" and last I checked, weren't you a hardcore Hanson fan? Also, I did not know in addition to Waldo, you were supposed to look for other people. The more you know...

    ReplyDelete